Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some Animal Comic


Well, this was a real pain and it was also a labor of love. Seriously. A labor of love. This spawned in my mind mostly because I've been playing waaaaaay too much Zoo Tycoon (both of them). Finding a sudden love of gemsbok, I wanted to draw one. Then it turned into a want to draw animal print. A note: Animal print is a royal pain to draw.
One would think the coloring/shading process would take up the most time. No. Inking this sucker was a nightmare and took up 2 1/2 of the days spent. Once I got to the background part, I was like, "no no no, what's happening? Oh crap, I don't know how to do backgrounds. Ahhhh, texture!"
But I make it sound like I'm not proud of this, because I am. This was a test to see how well I would fair in the webcomic world. Not well. Oh Der Shing, I sympathize with you so hard now.

Time taken: 5-6 days

No comments:

Post a Comment